Government links

If you have a local complaint about your housing, employment, or a store, restaurant, or other public facility that is not accessible given your disability, contact the NYC Commission on Human Rights: Equal Access first. They'll contact the landlord, employer, shop owner, etc. by letter urging that they accommodate so you can use the facilities.  Normally, that leads to some negotiation and that leads to some accommodation.  If that doesn't work, you can file a formal legal complaint.   Read "Equal Access, It's the Law" in English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, or Korean. 

NYC Commission on Human Rights: Equal Access 

NYC Official Accessibility Guide in English

NYS Commission on Quality of Care and Advocacy for Persons with Disabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment